Black bean, kidney bean and quinoa chilli
Black bean, kidney bean and quinoa chilli recipe recipe
Such a good chilli recipe, especially with the toppings. We love the coconut yoghurt on top. There’s a lot of ingredients but it’s really quick and simple to bash together.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 250ml water
- 50g quinoa
- 200g canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 200g canned kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 200g spinach
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 100g avocado
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche (or you can use coconut yoghurt)
- 60g cashews
- 10g fresh coriander
- In a medium saucepan heat up the oil until hot and then add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the spices and cook for a further minute and then add the tomato puree and stir for a further minute.
- Add 250ml of water and the quinoa and bring the heat down to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add both beans, spinach and lime juice and cook for a further 4 minutes. You can add a little water if this is too thick.
- Take off the heat and divide between 2 dishes. Top with chopped avocado, crème fraîche, cashews and fresh coriander.
- Kcal: 406
- Protein: 15g
- Fats: 22g
- Carbs: 27g
- Fibre: 14g