Celeriac, Apple and Turkey Soup Recipe | Balanced
A nice warming and a little bit sweet style of soup. If you have leftover Christmas turkey then you can certainly use this in the recipe and will make the cooking much quicker!
Celeriac, Apple and Turkey Soup Recipe
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large stick celery, diced
- 200g celeriac, peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dired thyme
- 200ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 100g turkey breast meat, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- Add 1 tsp coconut oil, onions and celery into a pan on medium-high heat and cook until soft. Add the celeriac, apples, sage and thyme and mix for a few minutes. Add in the stock and season and bring to the boil. Then place on a simmer for 30 minutes until the celeriac is tender.
- In another pan cook the turkey in 1 tsp coconut oil until cooked (around 15 minutes). Leave to the side.
- Add the coconut cream to the soup and then using a hand blender, blend all the ingredients until smooth. Add the turkey to this and mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Kcal 526
- Protein 34.6g
- Fat 26.8g
- Carbs 30.4g
- Fibre 13g