Want something different to a beef or veggie curry, then this is something new. Chicken and no tomatoes!! Really warming for a chilly evening or great as a big batch for guests to help themselves to.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 600g chicken thigh meat, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 oregano sprigs
- 480g butternut squash, peeled and cut into small cubes
- Bunch coriander, chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- In a large pan cook the onions, celery, garlic and carrots on high heat until they soften.
- Add the chicken and cook until browning and tip in the chickpeas, beans and chicken stock.
- Stir in the cayenne pepper, salt, cumin, curry powder and oregano and mix well.
- Tip in the butternut squash and pop the lid on and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and keep simmering for 10 minutes. Serve.
- You can season with chopped coriander and spring onions. You can also make a yoghurt sauce which goes well. For 4 people blend together 4 tbsp coconut yoghurt, with 1 green chilli and a handful of fresh coriander. Place a dollop on top of each dish.
- Kcal: 389
- Protein: 35.8g
- Fats: 12.2g
- Carbs: 29.6g
- Fibre 9.4g