Chicken Stew Recipe | High Carb
Chicken Stew Recipe
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 60g Leeks, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 85g Chicken, diced
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 150g new potatoes (if baby then put in whole, if larger then cut in half)
- In a large pan add the coconut oil, leeks, carrots, garlic and celery and stir on a high heat for 5 mins.
- Add the chicken and cook until each piece is white/golden.
- Add the thyme, vegetable stock, parsnips and new potatoes and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for around 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- This can be batch cooked.
- Kcal: 555
- Protein: 32g
- Fats: 9.3g
- Carbs: 72g
- Fibre: 24g