Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup Recipe
This is a really simple soup to make and it tastes just like what you would get from the local Chinese, well better actually. If you like more punch then add a little more ginger or even some chilli.
- 1 tsp coconut oil/olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inch cube fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 chicken breasts (around 480g), chopped into small cubes
- 1 litre stock (veg or chicken, I like using bouillon powder)
- 320g frozen sweetcorn
- 150g rice noodles
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- In a large pan add the oil and fry the garlic, ginger and onion for a 5 minutes on a medium/high heat until the onion softens.
- Add the chicken and stir constantly until it whitens.
- Add the stock and sweetcorn and bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Check cooking times on your rice noodles and add for desired time then dribble in the egg and stir it in with a fork so it all breaks up into tiny bits.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve hot. Can garnish with spring onion if you like.
- Kcal 407
- Protein 38.5g
- Fats 8.5g
- Carbs 41.2g
- Fibre 5.2g