Cutting out bread but really fancy a roll? These are perfect. We were given this recipe by the lovely Jess from the Menorcan retreats and we just love it. Really simple to make and only take 20 minutes to bake.
- 150g ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp rock salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil/olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 180’C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the flaxseed, bicarb, salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Leave to thicken for 5 minutes.
- Take 4-5 tbsp of batter and shape into a bun in your hands. If the mixture is quite wet don’t worry. Place each bun on the prepared baking tray leaving a good space between them all. It should make around 5. You want the buns around 1 cm thick so you can gently press on them if you need to shape them smaller.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack. Slice and fill. Enjoy!
- Kcal: 288
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 24.2g
- Carbs: 1.8g
- Fibre: 9.2g