For a nice ginger biscuit with a crunch these are great. I usually make these around 4 inches in size and so you only need 1 biscuit as they are quite filling. You can leave out the crystallised ginger if wanting to save on calories but that does add a nice zing.
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 Tablespoons water
- 300g quinoa flour
- 2 tsp bicarb of soda
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 135g coconut oil, in a liquid state
- 80g maple syrup
- 100g crystallized ginger, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 180’c.
- In a small bowl mix the flaxseed and water together to make flaxseed egg. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (quinoa flour, bicarb of soda, cinnamon, allspice, ginger and sea salt). Then add in the flaxseed egg, coconut oil and maple syrup and mix well. Once combined stir in the crystallized ginger.
- Roll the dough into 3/4-1 inch balls with your hands and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper with even spaces.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until dark golden brown and risen, turning the sheet around half way through. Remove them from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
- Kcal 237
- Protein 4g
- Fats 13g
- Carbs 25g
- Fibre 2g