Kedgeree Recipe | Balanced
- 40g brown basmati rice
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 bay leaves
- 75g smoked haddock (undyed)
- 1 thumb size piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- ½ fresh chilli finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 80g raw frozen peas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50g green beans, stalks removed
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a pan cook the rice with boiling water until soft.
- Fill a deep frying pan with boiling water and add in the fish, eggs and the bayleaves, leave to simmer for 20 minutes (or until the fish is cooked).
- In a large wok on high heat add the oil and mustard seeds. Once the seeds start to pop, add in the ginger, chilli, spring onions, coriander and turmeric stirring often.
- Cook the green beans in boiling water until cooked, around 10 minutes. Add into the wok the rice, the peas and the lemon juice and stir. Add in the green beans once cooked (and drained).
- Remove the fish from its pan and flake into your wok. Peel the eggs and cut them into quarters and add into the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper and give it a good stir. Serve.
- Kcal: 504
- Protein: 37g
- Fats: 17.5g
- Carbs: 44g
- Fibre: 7.9g