Kedgeree Recipe | Balanced
If you need a nice balanced meal that you can have for breakfast or lunch or even dinner then this a great one. A good batch cook recipe and can be eaten hot or cold. Also goes well with Tamari sauce.
- 180g brown basmati rice
- 8 free range eggs
- 4 bay leaves
- 370g haddock (smoked or not smoked)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, de seeded, finely chopped
- 12 spring onions, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 160g frozen peas
- 100g spring greens, chopped
- Juice from 1 lemon
- In a pan cook the rice with boiling water until soft, add the peas in at the end for a couple of minutes to defrost. Once cooked drain and leave to the side.
- Fill a deep frying pan with boiling water and add in the fish, eggs and the bay leaves, leave to simmer for 20 minutes (or until the fish is cooked).
- In a large wok on high heat add the oil and mustard seeds. Once the seeds start to pop, add in the ginger, chilli, spring onions, coriander and turmeric stirring often. Add into the wok the rice, the peas, lemon juice and spring greens, stir.
- Remove the fish from its pan and flake into your wok. Peel the eggs and cut them into quarters and add into the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper and give it a good stir. Serve.
- Kcal 474
- Protein 39.2g
- Fat 16.2g
- Carbs 38.2g
- Fibre: 8g