Raspberry Lemon Cake
Raspberry Lemon Cake Recipe
This cake is full of bursting flavour with the sweet full flavour of raspberries to the sour twist of lemons. Its an easy cake to bake, and if you can’t be bothered to make the glaze, then don’t stress, it still tastes good without it!
- 140g almond flour
- 40g coconut flour
- 1 tsp bicarb of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 85g pure maple syrup
- 75g freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 100g fresh raspberries
For the glaze
- 1 tbsp coconut milk from the can, just the top, solid part
- 1 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp freeze dried raspberries pieces
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 180’C. Line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and in a separate bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well, then fold in the raspberries.
- Pour the mixture into the prepped loaf pan and spread out evenly.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes until knife comes out clean. Allow loaf to cool completely in the pan before removing or it may break apart.
- Once loaf is cooled completely, make your glaze. Place a small pan over low heat and add all glaze ingredients. Stir until ingredients are well combined.
- Drizzle the glaze on top of the loaf.
- Should make 8 slices.
- Kcal: 214
- Protein: 7.7g
- Fats: 13.2g
- Carbs: 12.3g
- Fibre: 6.2g