Ribeye steak with beetroot and courgette
Ribeye Steak with Beetroot and Courgette
Pretty simple lunch or dinner. Either buy cooked beetroot or bake some beetroot in the oven in a roasting pan on 200’C for 45 minutes or until a knife easily cuts through. Cool and then peel off the skin.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 350g ribeye steaks
- 250g cooked beetroot
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 400g courgette, shaved into ribbons discarding the core
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- In a small bowl mix together 1 tbsp olive oil, red chilli, lime juice and white wine vinegar. Pop in the fridge.
- Put the remaining oil in a frying pan on high heat and add the steak. Sear the steak for 4 minutes on each side until dark brown. Tip in the beetroot and move them around the pan heating all sides for a few minutes.
- Take the steak and beetroot out of the pan and let the steak rest.
- Pop the garlic and courgette into the pan and cook on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Serve the courgette between two plates and pop on the beetroot.
- Cut the steak into slices and divide between each plate. Drizzle over the dressing and scatter with dill.
- Kcal 463
- Protein 48g
- Fat 21.5g
- Net carbs 16g
- Fibre 7g