Roasted Salmon with Fennel, Green Olives and Orange
Roasted Salmon with Fennel, Green Olives and Orange Recipe
We don’t often have olives in our main meals so this was really tasty and we really enjoyed this mixture. Add some rice if you need more carbs.
- 1 bulb fennel, end trimmed cut into slim wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 red chilli, cored seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 orange, halved and sliced 1cm thick
- 2 fillets wild salmon, skin removed
- 2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/3 tsp paprika
- 80g green pitted olives
- Preheat oven to 200’C. Place the fennel in a bowl with 1.5 tbsp olive oil, fennel seeds and the chilli and toss well. Place onto a large lined shallow baking tray and spread evenly. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Take out the fennel and reduce the oven to 150’C. Move the fennel to the sides of the tray and add the orange to the fennel. Pop the salmon in the centre. Mix together 1/2 tbsp olive oil with the tarragon, cumin and paprika. Drizzle the mixture over the salmon. Place in the olives around the dish and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Kcal: 520
- Protein: 46g
- Fats: 46.6g
- Carbs: 4.5g
- Fibre: 18.7g