Spicy Cajun Chicken Recipe | High Carb
Spicy Cajun Chicken Recipe
- 1 average size corn on the cob (or 120g from a tin)
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander
- ½ red chilli, de seeded and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 300g Sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 90g chicken breast
- 1 tsp Cajun spice
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 50g Okra
- Place your corn on the cob under a grill for 15 mins turning occasionally (or until cooked). Boil the sweet potato in a pan until a knife goes in easily (around 20 mins). In a bowl mix the chicken around with the Cajun spices until evenly coated. Then place onto a greaseproof sheet. Fold over the paper and bash with a rolling pin until around 1.5cm thick.
- Put 1 tsp coconut oil in a frying pan and fry your chicken for around 5 mins each side until golden and crispy and cooked through, then add the okra and cook for a around 5 minutes. Drain the cooked sweet potato and mash adding a little salt and pepper.
- To make the salsa slice off the kernels using a knife and put them in a bowl. Chop up the leaves of the coriander and add to the corn. Add the chilli, spring onions, tomatoes and lime juice and toss all ingredients together. Serve the chicken, mashed potato and okra together with the salsa as a side.
- Kcal: 526
- Protein: 31g
- Fats: 8.6g
- Carbs: 73g
- Fibre: 14.5g