Vegetable Burgers Recipe
- 350g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 150g portobello mushrooms, finely chopped
- 150g cooked quinoa
- 180g beetroot, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- zest from 2 limes
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- Cook the sweet potato in a pan of boiling water until soft, drain and mash and leave to the side to cool.
- In a frying pan add 1 tsp oil, onion, garlic and mushroom and cook on high heat for 8 minutes stirring frequently until soft. Place into a large mixing bowl and leave to cool.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl along with the sweet potato and using your hands mix together everything well then form into 6 large burgers. Place these on a plate and sprinkle each side with a little almond flour. Place in the fridge and leave to set for 30 minutes.
- To cook place 2 tsp coconut oil into a frying pan and place in the burgers on medium heat. Cook for 8 minutes and then turn over and cook for the same amount of time. Serve and enjoy.
- Kcal: 232
- Protein: 7.5g
- Fats: 11.8g
- Carbs: 21.3g
- Fibre: 5g